Sitting here in a wicker bar stool, helping a cousin of mine from high school with a paper about the Holocaust making revisions and comments while thinking about what job interviews will I fill out tomorrow (or today since its already midnight). Trying to stay positive and make actions instead of thinking over and over what if... what if this and what if that...
(A new friend of mine told me "What if" is a phrase that should be deleted from our vocabulary). Ok.
It's been a while since I last wrote on this eclectic blog. My aunt and my father got me to go into the Landmark Forum. It was Friday to Sunday 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM with some 30 minute breaks in between and then 7:00 to 10:00 PM on Tuesday. I completed that, felt optimistic for a brief while (two days), did one class of the seminar: the seminar is ten classes stretched out from July to October from 7 PM to 10 PM (Are you kidding me? but after enduring 12 hour shifts, three hours in a room is nothing). While Landmark seems to be a positive influence in trying to improve someone's life (gaining confidence, integrity, making deeper relationships with estranged family members and friends etc.), I felt uncomfortable constant sales approach to get people to sign up their families and friends (and the general feeling that only through Landmark individuals were able to see new possibilities in their life). It costs approximately $600 to take the Forum and then you get ten classes in addition to that. Then they recommend you to take the Advanced Forum which is supposed to help you become a leader in life or something like that... which is more money.
That $600 could've been for student loans.
What I mostly got out of it was creating possibilities in life and taking actions and I was able to talk to and listen to a variety of people from diverse backgrounds (teenagers to grandparents, entrepreneurs to recently homeless). Ok cool. I'm not going to the seminar. Going to fill out job applications and take some classes at community college in the fall.
There are poems on my flash drive I have yet to submit to literary magazines and
Maybe I can get paid helping other people with their papers since family is always free.
No comments:
Post a Comment