Stream of Consciousness
I never could keep a consistent diary but I'm always on the computer so I thought why don't I do something different and interesting? Why don't I start a blog? Hopefully this'll turn into something beneficial and fruitful. (I love how every word I am typing right now is underlined in red because spell check has put itself automatically on Spanish).
Dreaming
Dreams showcase a mixture of the consciousness.
For example- a recent dream that I had was about me going to the city and instead of going to the zoo for an internship, I ended up in a small salon with a college friend, didn't order the full massage because I didn't have a job.
The dream resonated with me because I do need a job right now. I finished my junior year of college and reality of student loans is brushing up against my face. In one way, 90% of me is still stuck in my safe bubble and the rest is tied up in anxiousness because I know what I should be doing to feel more secure but I have yet to do it. I do tend to procrastinate. It's one thing to procrastinate on academic papers, it's another thing to procrastinate on life.
Breaking down the dream
Parking lot at the zoo/salon- The zoo appeared in my dream because I was recently looking for a zoo internship (It didn't work out). Apparently a parking lot in your dream means that your life is busy and you want to slow down. Ha! A parking lot also means you want to slow down and take a break from your daily activities. Salon- I don't know why I went to a salon- the last time I went was for prom. Usually I just paint my own nails.
College friend and her boyfriend-girl actually resembled a "friend" from high school. I don't know why she and the guy was there but I was in the back seat of the car with them. Basically the whole entire dream I was just a follower tagging along- sort of resembles my situation in life.
Into the City- I've always perceived the city as more interesting than the suburbs because of its easy access to getting around to small shops without the hassle of driving. The suburbs seem so isolating and dull with its expansive highways, shopping malls and little kids riding on bikes.
No comments:
Post a Comment